You wanna know what two of my favorite food related words are?
Mexican and Pizza.
I’m not quite sure who thought of the idea of blending these two words. Was it Taco Bell? I hope not. I don’t want to give Taco Bell credit for anything. Ok, except for maybe their cinnamon twists. Those things are pretty good.
What also turned out pretty good was this super easy Mexican Pizza recipe. Really, this could not have been any easier to put together. You basically can make this as simple or as complicated as you want. It’s the perfect recipe for a low-key Superbowl Sunday.
What you will need:
- 1 lb. of lean ground turkey
- 4 wheat tortillas
- jar of favorite salsa
- 1 can of low- fat refried beans
- 1 small can of green chilies
- 1 small can of sliced black olives
- light sour cream
- reduced fat Mexican cheese mix
What you do:
1. Start by browning the turkey. Mix in one taco seasoning packet.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Lightly grease two pie pans with cooking spray and place one tortilla in each pan.
4. Spread a layer of refried beans along each tortilla and spread an even layer of ground turkey on top. Place the other other tortilla on top.
5. Place pans in oven for 15 minutes.
6. Since it looks a little boring right out of the oven, you get to jazz it up with some of this stuff:
And maybe some of this if you are really lucky:
How easy is that?
Add some Mexican rice and corn as sides, and you have yourself a healthy and delicious dinner.
What are some of your favorite food combos?
I can’t believe the Superbowl Sunday is already this weekend. Who are you cheering for the Broncos or the Seahawks? I’m not a big NFL fan, but I really like Peyton Manning as a person, so I will always cheer for any team he plays for. Go Broncos!