Man, yesterday was a rough day to be a fan. First I found out that on of the most talented actors of all time, Philip Seymour Hoffman, died. My heart and prayers go out to his family and friends. So, so sad. Then, the Superbowl happened and the Broncos were just killed. (Sorry, Peyton, there’s no other way to put it.) Thank goodness, Bruno Mars put on a great halftime show. Otherwise, I would have been completely depressed yesterday.
As much as a downer this weekend was, I want to start this week on a positive foot with something that always makes me happy – clothes!
My fourth Stitchfix box came early on Friday afternoon. Best afterwork surprise ever.
If you’ve never heard of Stitch Fix, it’s basically a a personal styling subscription service shipped right to your door every month.
I love that my stylist, Alexandra, takes the time to really research my style. In case she happens to read this blog: Alexandra, you’re awesome! Thank you!
I think that the styling for this box was spot on. However, I had some issues with the actual fit of a few of the items.
1. 41 Hawthorn Clement Striped Sheath Dress – My stylist picked this dress as a romantic Valentine’s Day look. I love black and white. I love stripes. But sheath dresses just aren’t my style. If this dress had been a bit more form fitting, then it would have been a keeper. I just don’t like feeling like I can swim in a dress.
2. Kensie Erikson Airy Knit Front Pocket Sweater - I loved this lightweight sweater. It’s the perfect transitional piece to carry me through the season changes. Spring, I’m ready for you now!
3. Kensie Jeans Sophia Skinny Jeans - It’s possible that I have never owned any skinny jeans that have not been purchased from Target (just a possibility). While I love my Target skinnies, these Kensie skinny jeans are so soft! I couldn’t not keep them after putting them on. Sorry for the awful mirror picture!
4. Kensie Neal Sleeveless Cotton Eyelet A-line Dress – This dress was love at first sight. The color. The lace. The classic A-line fit. I already decided this would be my Easter dress, and then I tried it on…I seriously debated still getting it and getting it altered. I considered just accepting the fact that it was big on me and rocking it anyway. Bottom line was that this dress could have been like a maternity dress on me. Sad, but true.
5. Bay to Baubles Metal Lace Bib Necklace - This was a fun, statement necklace. If everything else in the box had worked, then I definitely would have kept it. However, I didn’t love it enough to just buy it on it’s own.
Overall, I still really liked this Fix even thought I wish the dresses would have fit me better. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. At least, I think that’s what Peyton Manning says…
If you do ever decide to try Stitch Fix, please click here to use my referral link.
How was your weekend?
Did you go to a Superbowl party or watch it from home?
Are you ready for spring or still hoping for a few more weeks of winter?