Let’s Catch Up

Hey there! I hope you had a great weekend! Mine ended up being pretty great despite my ‘struggling’ post on Friday. I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one who has a hard time coming up with something to say on Fridays though!

On Saturday, I got to mix girl time and blog time by having my friend, Leeanne, help me with a fitness inspired photo shoot. Let’s just say that I have some exciting plans for Workout Wednesday around here for a few weeks!

fitness photo shoot

After working up an appetite with the photo shoot (hey, holding workout poses is hard work!), we got ready and headed to our favorite sushi restaurant to celebrate Leeanne’s husband’s birthday. Apparently, everyone else in Augusta has the same favorite sushi restaurant too because the wait was well over an hour. This girl does not wait for food. Unfortunately, the price of impatience was sitting outside on the patio during winter. Yes, there were heaters, but still it was quite chilly. And when you are chilly, you let your inner gangsta take over.

Takosushi outside

After sushi, Leeanne and I had a little mini girls’ night full of make-up tutorials (I’m learning how to contour) and more photo shoots.

photo shoot with Leeanne

By the way, how weird is it that my hair changes colors so drastically depending on the Instagram filter? With apps like that, who needs hair dye?

Sunday was spent going to church and shopping – Jesus and Target.

Sunday night, I was a part of my first blogging podcast with Adam from The Lifestyle Accountability Show. The show doesn’t air until later in February, but I will be sure to keep you posted once it’s available. I’m pretty sure I’m the only healthy living blogger who would eat pizza right before going on a show to talk about my healthy lifestyle. Y’all know how I love my pizza – it’s got all my food groups in one!

What is one make-up trick that you would love to learn or master?

What was the highlight of your weekend?

Do you have any plans for Valentine’s Day?

Comments

1. herhappybalance@gmail.com' says

I know absolutely zero about make-up. I just do whatever I think looks good at the time which pretty much equates to a lot of mascara and a red lip. And I absolutely ADORE your gold coat/jacket/sports coat? Is it brocade? I love it :)

I’m trying my best to learn about make-up, but 90% of the time it’s just mascara and chapped stick for me. Thank you! It’s actually my friend’s jacket. I think she said it’s from Goodwill. It’s actually more of a tan in person, but good ole Instagram jazzed it up so it looks gold.

2. lacesandlattes@gmail.com' says

Contouring is definitely something that I need to get better at!
    I was on the Healthy Living Podcast a while back and I talked about my love of bacon peanut butter cheeseburgers so you are in goooood company!

Oh really? I’m so glad to hear I’m not the only one spilling my ‘healthy’ living secrets. And did you just say bacon peanut butter cheeseburgers? How are all those words together in one sentence??

3. dillowa1@gmail.com' says

Haha, I love the pizza comment. Hey, for me it is all about balance!
    I just snagged some great brushes so I am learning all about applying eye shadow with the right brush and playing with contouring with colors. It is so fun! Sometimes I feel like I missed the girl boat..glad to know I’m not alone :)

4. runningforcupcakes92@gmail.com' says

I’m not a huge make-up person, but I would like to learn how to cover up my dark circles on days when I don’t get a lot of sleep (which is most days). I’m going to a concert in Myrtle Beach on Valentines day- I love my country music :)

Oh man, I wish I knew the secret to covering up dark circles! I constantly have bags under my eyes.

Who is going to be in Myrtle Beach? How did I miss this? haha I hope you have fun!!

5. carlabruns@ymail.com' says

I have no makeup tips! I would love a good photo shoot with nice pics for the blog. I live close to a town called Augusta. It’s full of vineyards. There’s waits for those too. :)

6. Jessiejoshua21@yahoo.com' says

Congratulations on your first blogging broadcast. So exciting! When it comes to makeup, I’m like a 5 year old.. which is okay since I barely wear any to begin with. LOL.