Texas Forever

Did anyone used to watch Friday Night Lights? That was a great show. I felt like it probably was the most realistic show on TV for a while. I loved the dynamic between Coach Taylor and his wife, Tammi. It also didn’t hurt that the show had a character named Tim Riggins who looked like this. I mean, can we all just take a moment for Tim Riggins, please?

Tim Riggins

So why am I suddenly bringing up a show that has been off the air for a few years now? Well, because I’m going to Texas, y’all. And when  I think of Texas, I think of Friday Night Lights. And cowboy boots. And Sean Lowe from The Bachelor…sadly.

I’m leaving this morning to head to Austin for a conference for work. Since I’m just attending this conference and not actually working it, I hope I’ll be able to sight-see a little bit. I’ve never been to Texas before. Wait, scratch that. I’ve been to the Dallas airport – super exciting.

So, if you’ve been to Austin and have any suggestions, please send them my way in the comments! I’m a little bummed that I missed the SXSW Festival by such a narrow time gap.

Well, I better go finish packing so I can get to the airport on time. If you think of it, please send some prayers and good vibes my way. I’ve never flown by myself before, and I’m a bit (a lot) of a nervous flyer.

Have a great rest of your Monday!

What did you do this weekend?

Have you ever been to Austin or any other city in Texas?

Do you like to fly?

Comments

1. perfectionisnthappy@gmqil.com'Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy says

Have a safe flight! I flew by myself for the first time last fall, and it went surprisingly well. It’s almost easier to travel slo because you don’t have to worry about other people making you late or stressed out. I took Dramamine to help a little :).

2. thefinalforty@gmail.com' says

Have a safe flight! I’m definitely used to flying now (since I go to WDW every 5 minutes, haha) but I still don’t particularly enjoy it. I get nervous, too! I’ve always wanted to visit TX, actually — I actually have some extended family who live there.

After flying solo, I’m hoping I’ll be able to travel more on my own now to places like Disney! I’m having withdrawals haha. Texas is great (from what I’ve seen so far). I hope you’re able to visit your family out here.

3. admin@bumpandrunchat.com' says

I have been to Austin and it was absolutely amazing, you’re going to love it! My favorite part was visiting the South Congress area, lots of unique boutique shops and great restaurants. I’ve only been there once so I don’t remember everything, but I do remember lots of diners, fabulous bbq, and all around fun. I hope you have a great trip!!!
    ~Bre

4. carlabruns@ymail.com' says

Have fun in Austin! I’ve not been there but I’ve been to Dallas a few times (and outside of the airport LOL). I love Texas and the weather there so much. Take something to read and relax on the flight. Enjoy!

5. sproutsnsquats@gmail.com' says

I’ve never been to Texas but it is definitely somewhere that one day I would like to go. I’ve been travelling a lot for work lately and been on some turbulent flights that have made me not love flying of late.

I hope all went well at the conference and you had a nice weekend <3

Thanks, Jan! I experienced by first bit of real turbulence on the flight home and thought my heart was going to stop beating a few times. Flying is such a blessing/curse.