4th of July Flashback

Nooooooooo! I don’t want the long holiday weekend to be over! I actually felt like it was the good ole days of summer which is something I haven’t felt since I became an adult with a full time job and all. Even though I still couldn’t sleep past 7:30, it was nice to be able to lounge in bed and take my time in the mornings.

Speaking of taking my time, I may or may not be running a bit late this morning, so I’m going to let the pictures tell you about my 4th of July weekend.

red-wine

4th of July

4th of July

4th of July

4th of July

pool summer

cats napping

simply southern shirt

Hey now! Think I can get them to make some t-shirts for me?

What was the highlight of your 4th of July weekend?

If you drink wine, white or red?

What reminds you of your childhood summers?

Comments

1. Blancingb@gmail.com' says

That’s so funny you say that because that’s exactly how I felt this year. I enjoyed a long weekend with my family up north on the water. Doesn’t get much better than that!

2. herhappybalance@gmail.com' says

You know what, after reading your post I realized I woke up on the weekend in the 6am hour and didn’t even think anything of it. What happened to the days where I could sleep in until noon?! Lol. They are lonnnng gone. But it’s nice being up early, you can get so much more done in a day! But yes, vacation time is nice because you don’t constantly feel rushed to go from one activity to the next. Your marshmallow toasting looks like a very sweet (pun intended) time :)

I can’t even sleep in til noon now if I stay up almost all night. How messed up is that? I have to agree with you that it is nice to start my day early and be so productive all before lunchtime.

3. louisepittam@hotmail.co.uk' says

Looks like you had a lovely weekend! I don’t really like wine, but tasted a really nice white one at the wedding on Saturday, so I might just be converted ;) Weren’t childhood summers the best?! The smell of the sea and freshly cut grass always reminds me of spending my days outside all day. So much fun!

4. thefinalforty@gmail.com' says

Love the photo recap…and the fact that you started it all with a glass of wine. That’s what I’m talkin’ about. ;) I tend to drink white wine…I like red, too, but I’ve found most varieties a bit too dry for my liking. The highlight of my 4th of July (other than running a “Firecracker 4-Miler,” of course) was the fireworks…like you said, there’s something about watching fireworks that never gets old. It’s a tradition that automatically makes me remember my childhood, no matter what!

5. Jessiejoshua21@yahoo.com' says

I’m no wine drinker, but nothing beats starting the holiday weekend off with a good beverage :) Whenever I think of summer sports, being outside for most of the day & having fun @ bbq’s comes to my mind :)

6. irunhetris@gmail.com' says

That little marshmallow roaster is so cute! The best part of my weekend was visiting with my parents. They came to stay with us and it was nice to be able to just relax and hang out with them. I LOOOVE wine. I usually drink red in the fall/winter and white in the spring/summer OR it depends what meal I’m having it with.

7. babyhalo19@yahoo.com' says

I miss summers off, sleeping in, and no responsibilities. I love being an adult but working in the summer is seriously overrated.

I love that sleeping kitty picture! And mmm marshmallow. Now I’m craving smores!

8. carlabruns@ymail.com' says

Looks like you had a great time! What is the little thing you’re roasting your marshmallows on?

It was hard for me to get back to work after the long weekend. Pools make me the happiest little kid in the world! :)

It’s a mini s’more campfire roaster thing (I think that’s the official name anyways…). My friend got it at Sam’s, and my new life mission is to find one.

9. happyhealthyvibes@outlook.com' says

Looks like you had a wonderful 4th of July! :) And such a cute shirt, you should definitely try to get them to make tshirts for you :D