The Weekend of My Childhood

Do you want to know what one of the worst smells in the world is? The combination of cigarette smoke, beer and Bengay. How would I know that? I sat next to it for two hours last night. But let’s rewind a bit and see how I got to that point…

(I’m trying to go a little How I Met Your Mother on y’all with starting in the future and flashing back – just roll with it.)

Friday

Friday was actually a really fun work day. Did I just say that? It was probably because I spent half the day out of the office and running errands. Our new boss is coming to the office today, so I spent Friday morning running errands all over Augusta in preparation. I should be a professional errand runner. That would be fun.

Friday night, Zac surprised me by texting me and asking if I wanted to go eat at Bonefish. I never turn down Bang Bang shrimp! Then, he texted me and asked if I wanted to go see a movie too (Zac isn’t much of a movie person). What was happening in my world? I said yes to all the above!

I think my blogging habits may be rubbing off on Zac because when our food arrived he said, “Aren’t you going to take a picture? This looks too good not to take a picture.”

So here ya go:

bonefish martini

I’m not too much of a martini person, but Bonefish makes the best martinis ever! Fresh pineapple and rum? Sold.

bonefish grouper

Dinner for me was grouper, crab fried rice (go get it now!) and zucchini. Zac got the surf n’ turf. I ate almost every last bite with no remorse.

After dinner, we stopped by Zac’s aunt’s house to drop off some to-go Bang Bang shrimp for her. On the way, we decided to skip the movie. Movies that start at 9:45 at night? That’s almost my bedtime!

Saturday

Saturday was a very, very special day…

Oliver turned 1! I spent the day catering to Oliver and telling him that he was the most handsome kitty ever. So, pretty much, it was just like any other day. I can’t believe that I’ve already had Oliver for a year. I can’t remember life without him!

kitten Oliver

Oliver

Oliver

Oliver

Sunday

Sunday’s highlight was finally seeing all my childhood dreams come true on one stage! Yes, I got to see The Beach Boys perform with Uncle Jesse (John Stamos)!

Sadly, I left my super duper concert camera at home in the most epic fail of the year. So, I only was able to take photos with my phone. I’m going to go ahead an apologize for this lone picture from the concert.

the beach boys

Of course, John Stamos would have the red guitar. He actually played the entire set with The Beach Boys, and it was obvious how close they were to him. They even played ‘Forever’ with him!! Remember that song from Full House? My eyes might have gotten a bit teary. Overall, it was such a great concert! I just wish I had better photos to share with y’all.

I originally was supposed to go to the concert with my coworker, but she called me sick Sunday morning. Thankfully, Zac was able to come with my instead, so I didn’t have to go by myself and be the creepy Uncle Jesse girl.

beach boys concert

beach boys concert

I’m pretty sure that Zac and I were the youngest people at the concert (excluding children with their parents). But, we’ve already established that I’m 75 at heart, so it’s all good.

The highlight of my evening definitely was when the drunk lady behind me spilled her beer all over my brand new outfit. I’ve been to a lot of concerts in my life. Out of all of them, I never would have pegged The Beach Boys to be the first concert I’d have beer poured on me.

And the guy next to us smelled like cigarettes and Bengay…how’s that for coming full circle? : )

Tell me about your weekend!

What was your best and/or worst concert experience?

Comments

1. wichme01@luther.edu' says

What was your best and/or worst concert experience?
    I had such a relaxing, wonderful weekend! It was much needed. I have not been to many concerts, but this last year Mackelmore and Ryan Lewis came to my college on Halloween and it was amazing! It will definitely be hard to beat!

2. Blancingb@gmail.com' says

Happy birthday, Oliver! That is so funny about the pictures because my husband will ask me the same thing. Haha. #bloggingproblems

3. Jessiejoshua21@yahoo.com' says

I always thought Bonefish’s BBS was the greatest thing on their menu.. but um that crab fried rice looks to die for! I want a big bowl of that for dinner right this moment. Ah, if only wishes come true 24/7. I mean if that was the case, I would’ve been able to join you @ the concert & we’d be on the stage dancing w/ Uncle Jesse & the rest of the gang! haha

4. suzlyfe@gmail.com' says

ermigerd the kitteehhhh. My brother went to a Beach Boys concert for a friends bday part (I think they were in 3rd grade?) it was the first time ever got to touch a limo. CRAZY. Beach boys totally take me back.

Beach Boys and a limo? How cool was this 3rd graders birthday party? I’m totally going to tell me parents they deprived me for just having parties at Chuck E Cheese.

5. runningforcupcakes92@gmail.com' says

Oh my gosh that pineapple martini sounds sooo good and I want one right now! I’m so glad the concert was all you hoped it would be, I mean how could the Beach Boys and Uncle Jesse Disappoint?! And Happy Birthday to Oliver!!

6. herhappybalance@gmail.com' says

First of all, I am ridiculously jealous of your entire Beach Boys experience. Uncle Jesse being there is just the cherry on top. And I am an 80-year-old granny at heart so I completely get the coolness of this all.

On one of my first dates with an ex boyfriend we went to a hockey game and the kid behind me spilled an ice cream sundae down the back of my new cashmere sweater. The worst part…I didn’t even notice it until I stood up and the guy I was with was like “hey, so your sweater…yeah” I was so sad! lol

Thank goodness, you get me! I was freaking out inwardly.

Since your story is in the past, I don’t feel as bad for laughing at it. I bet that was a memorable first date haha!

7. inshapecupcake@gmail.com' says

Your cat!!! So cute :)
    Looks like a fun concert, except the beer part. Never been to a concert myself…growing, my parents never let me and now that I’m older, and michael jackson is dead, there’s no point. I would like to go to a Michael Buble concert one day soon when he’s down this way!

8. caileejoy@hellohealthyeating.com' says

So fun!! I’ve never really been to an actual concert… they’re not really my thing! But I’m glad you had fun! cute cat btw!!

9. louisepittam@hotmail.co.uk' says

Looks like you had a fun weekend! Can’t believe you go beer spilt all over your new dress :O! She must have been really getting into it, lol! My best concert experience would have to have been my first one at age 8….Spice Girls!!! Haha. I had never been so excited in my life ;)

Oh, she sure was! She was singing at the top of her lungs all night!

You went to the Spice Girls?? My 8 year old self is so jealous of your 8 year old self right now!

10. gigieatscelebrities@gmail.com' says

What a cute little kitten! Too bad I am allergic or else I would be cuddled up with that little furry fella, ALL THE TIME!!!

And I need to check out Bone Fish BADLY – Fish in the name of the restaurant = MY BEST FRIEND! LOL!

You know what? WHO CARES how old you are at a concert – as long as you have fun!! :P

11. myrayssunshine@gmail.com' says

Bwaa ha! Bengay and cigarettes, he must have been so dreamy. My weekend was pretty stinking awesome. We saw Tim McGraw on Saturday, I have to say he gets better looking every year. Our excitement included a passed out lady being wheeled out by the paramedics in a row ahead of us and the cops escorting a seat thief out a few rows behind us. Score! I love the calamari at Bonefish! I daydream about it on a weekly basis. Happy hump day, Stacie.

Tim McGraw! Ok, now I’m jealous. And it sounds like quite the concert experience! I gotta give the seat thief some credit. I always dream of doing that when I see empty seats up close. But ya know, don’t wanna get arrested and all : )

12. carlabruns@ymail.com' says

Oliver is so cute and tiny! Happy belated 1st birthday Oliver!

Yes, I would say I’m a little surprised that the Beach Boy concert is where you get the full drunken party goer experience. That cracks me up!

The food looks wonderful. I’m now officially hungry.

13. savingeverydaywithsonyak@gmail.com' says

I use to love wstching Full House as a kid. I thought Uncle Jesse was cute as a kid and he is still handsome.
    Best concert I’ve ever been to was a Prince concert in 2004. I would love to see Prince again one day.

Trackbacks